- Contract tipology: financial lease with final purchasing option
- Term: from 4 up to 15 years
- Advance payment: from 20% to 40%
- Final option purchase: from 0,1% to 5%
- Interest rate: floating rate (Euribor plus a margin to be agreed); fixed rate (cost of funding plus a margin to be agreed)
- Flag: all most important european registers are accepted
Italian law no 342/00 and subsequent circular letters issued by the Inland Revenue Agency establish that the leasing instalments are subject to VAT 22%, according to the period of navigation inside EU waters. The client can choose for a lump sum basis VAT as follows.
|Type of craft (length)||% of lease subject to VAT||Effective VAT rate|
|Sailing boats or motor boats over 24 mt||30%||6,6%|
|Sailing boats between 20,01 to 24 mt and motor boats between 16,01 to 24 mt||40%||8,8%|
|Sailing boats between 10,01 to 20 mt and motor boats between 12,01 to 16 mt||50%||11,0%|
|Sailing boats up to 10 mt and motor boats between 7,51 to 12 mt||60%||13,2%|
|Motor boats up to 7,50 mt||90%||19,8%|
Full VAT (22%) is imposed on the final option price value of the leasing contract.
- Full VAT exemption on the leasing instalments and the final option price for charter companies and commercial use of the boat.
- Full VAT exemption on the leasing instalments and the final option price for boats delivered, moored and used outside EU waters.